From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Tim Meehan
Sent: Monday, December 03, 2007 10:16 PM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: Re: [TCML] Fire on Tesla Coil

I found this on the web a short while ago, just a random picture - but
it is
of a steel wire breakout that is, well, on fire:
http://research.microsoft.com/~swinder/sparks/vac_images2/pic00023.jpg
http://research.microsoft.com/~swinder/sparks/vactesla2.aspx

I would imagine that it wouldn't take much to light wood on fire on top
of a
secondary topload.  :)

On Dec 3, 2007 5:36 PM, <gary350@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I put a balsa wood airplane on top of my 4" TC to see if I could get
some
> good pics of sparks coming off of the airplane. It took about 1 second
> catch the airplane on fire. I didn't have time to take any pictures.
LOL.