To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, December 03, 2007 11:49 AM
Subject: Re: [TCML] capacitors

Hi,

That's a big MMC - 200J per bang - IIRC about the same size as the one used for
Electrum. What power are you planning to run at?

There is a useful list of good polypropylene capacitors for tesla coil use here:
http://hot-streamer.com/TeslaCoils/MMCInfo/good-bad.txt

The Cornel Dubilier 942C20P15K (150nF, 2000V) seems to be very popular, and I have seen them advertised for $3-4 each. You would need 20 x 34 = 680 (approx
$2000).

Tom.

Quoting Tomas Stankevic <Tomas.Stankevic@xxxxxxxx>:

Hi,