Re: [TCML] Tesla Coil Output Hazards, Skin Effect?

>>>   Fink's "NEON SIGNS"  [~1934] makes the strange remark that a 15 kV
>>>60 ma transformer can't electrocute anybody and that the main danger is falling off 'the elevated
>>> platform'.  I'll be he never ran the experiment!  I've always been deathly afraid of them myself
>>> even though logic says one would probably survive.
    Pardon if I'm a tad suspicious of that as being an 'interested source'.
    (My copy of Fink/Neon signs acquired in Colorado Springs, while attending a
     TeslaCon, years back.  8)>>)
>>     By Total Coincidence, less than 8 hours ago, i was reading:
>>
>>       AIEE Transactions, Part II (predecessor to IEEE...)
>>        Let Go Currents & Voltages
>>     A report on lab experiments in which people voluntarily were
>>     Shocked up to the let go (or: can'tletgo....) point.
>>
>>     All at 60 Hz, so far as I've read.
>>
>>     (Same volume has a paper on 'Argon Arc Instabilities...
>>     There is a huge volume of interesting research done, but can be iffy to find.

>	What did it say about "let go" currents?  Don't keep us in suspense.
   Sorry.  Seem to be perpetually behinde in email.
   6 page summary of hundreds pages of research.
      mean, 60 Hz, 134 Men, 16 mA.
      mean, 60 Hz, 28 Women, 11 mA.

   Rises mildly for DC, more so for 10KHz (highest tested.)

   Methodology involved closed hand grip in #6 (?) wire, gradual increase to point
   of 'cantletgo'.  (I'm summarizing like crazy....)

   Some discussion of muscle control/contraction/back of hand safer effects.

>  Speaking of the AIEE Transactions, when I was at Hughes Aircraft in Culver City our
> library had pretty complete AIEE Transactions going way, way,
    My Ideal Universe would include all such on line.  Maybe they are.
    And Time to read them, at least the interesting ones.  My ;set; started
    when i found that 'a local old line electronic company' had done a massive
    library purge, starting with 1890s volumes, maybe 50% coverage to 1940s.
    Added to that as chance allows.  Should find a Good Home for, I 'spose.

    If i recall, cited some of the 'ground resistance test methodology'
    here, in the past.

    best
     dwp