RE: [TCML] pig Jacobs (don't totally blow off resistive ballasting)

unless you need a fine adjustable resistive ballast,  just hook-up a length of heater eleiment & drop it in a bucket of plain water for cooling ,..

             not sure where my elemient came from , its maybe 3/8" dia & coiled like a spring , maybe from an elec. dryer ??

      i got it from a secondhand store  & I  cut up lengths,...without water, it would self destruct in 20 sec.  ,..

                        Hell, I dunno !!!!   ;-0