Re: [TCML] mot questions

Hi

You can ballast the MOTs with some high power ballast
coils used for high pressure street lamps, on the
primary side of the MOTs. They work very well.
Here is a little SGTC based on this idea (2 MOTs in
serie for 4 kV, no silicon involved):

http://www.geocities.com/livvasil/4kvtc.html

It works even better raising the primary cap at 35 nF
and using a multiple gap (big surface electrodes for
better cooling), here's a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wukDyaNNXug

vasil