4-Series 1/4" diameter Tungsten Spark Gap on Ebay (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 02:24:50 +0000
From: Jeff Behary <jeff_behary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: 4-Series 1/4" diameter Tungsten Spark Gap on Ebay

Hey All,

I've just listed a homemade "4-Series Adjustable Tesla Coil Spark Gap 1/4"
Tungsten" on Ebay.  Strange little design made by machining Aluminum blocks
and press-fitting eight 1/4" dia. x1/2" long tungsten rods into it.  There
is a brass rod with an insulating handle that lets you adjust the number of
gaps in series allowed in the circuit.  I tested it at 9kV 120mA for fun
(overkill a bit) and used only 2 of the sections for the photo.  The coil
worked well:
http://www.electrotherapymuseum.com/2007/HighResCoils/StrongOvingtonArcsSparksFlames.htm

Its not the most clever design, but makes an interesting way to adjust a
stationary hard-mounted spark gap and avoiding threaded rods, springs, and
such.

Jeff Behary, c/o
The Turn Of The Century Electrotherapy Museum
http://www.electrotherapymuseum.com

Learn.Laugh.Share. Reallivemoms is right place!