Re: Mysterious Streamers (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 12:27:50 -0400
From: Dave Pierson <davep@xxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Mysterious Streamers (fwd)

>> So...  the possibility of the situation is ... 4 sodium vapor
>> lamps of which 3 are in the distance, the flash captures the
>> T-coil, shutter remains open for X amount of time after the
>> CCD ( or film) records the initial image. Once the
>> photographer "took" the picture, the camera was moved towards
>> the right and then upwards with increasing velocity ( thus
>> causing the spread out flashes in the "streamer" ( which are
>> more than likely the 60Hz pulses in the street light).

>After I sent my other post and saw your earlier post, it dawned
>on me what must be happening.  We are all thinking in terms of
>visible light because we see a visible image.
   Fair speculation, eg, CCDs are sensitive to IR & UV, generally
   filtered to avoid them.  However:

>It is likely the camera took its photo normally, but after the
>shutter closed the CCD was still recording.  The street lamps do
>not only emit visible light, but also radio frequencies.  It is
>likely the CCD could see the radio frequencies and develop them
>right through the shutter after the original image was shot.
    How would a GLASS lense focus 'radio frequencies'?
    Hint:
     I used to do EMI/RFI for a living.
     Now Such Method of 'imaging' radio freqs is known.

>It is also likely that many of the striations above the coil are
>also radio frequencies from excited gases.
    Or out of focus blurs from the street lamps off the top load...

    best
     dwp