wireing technicality (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 20:38:19 -0400
From: Scott Bogard <teslas-intern@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: wireing technicality

Hey all,
     This is a stupid question, but, it is bugging me.  I have seen pictures
of many Tesla coils, and I have noticed something, everybody, who uses the
spark gap in parallel-tank cap in series arrangement, attaches the capacitor
to the moving tap on their primary, I use the center tap.  Is there some
performance reason for this, or is it generally just a construction
convenience (or does it largely depend on your transformer arrangement, aka,
center tap vs not)?  Also, is 2, 5-AWG wires in parallel enough to handle
the 600 some amps from my tank cap?  Thanks.
Scott Bogard.

See what you’re getting into…before you go there
http://newlivehotmail.com/?ocid=TXT_TAGHM_migration_HM_viral_preview_0507