JAVATC Version 11 (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 15:17:31 -0700
From: Barton B. Anderson <bartb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: JAVATC Version 11

Hello "All You Coilers",

I uploaded the new version 11 of Javatc today.
http://www.classictesla.com/java/javatc.html

It's got a slightly different look (still has Javatc look and feel), so
if you see the same old Javatc, your browser is using it's cache files.
After the page loads, just old down the "shift" key and click Reload in
your browser (the "shift reload" procedure tells the browser to ignore
the cache files and load whatever is actually called out).

There is of course a download version and a link on the page to the
download version or you can download here:
http://www.classictesla.com/java/javatc.zip

Those of you who I sent the "javatc_wip.zip" file to, you'll want to
trash that and use this Version 11. The proximity calculations have all
been completely revamped and crashes are correctly identified (as well
as proximity values).

Below is a list of changes.

Take care,
Bart

WHAT HAS CHANGED WITH VERSION 11

1) Javatc can now invert any shape coil from the HV end or the LV end.
Javatc has always assumed radius1 and height1 were the grounded ends.
Now, it is made clear (you'll see). So, we can run center or rim
grounded coils (flat, cones, inv cones) or whatever without limitation.

2) I removed the ceiling radius and wall height inputs. There is now
only the Ground Radius, Wall Radius, and Ceiling Height. This is the
most common surrounding configuration and was previously confusing for
users. It's easy now.

3) Updated the help files and graphics to show that coils can now be
inverted in any fashion.

4) Updated the Application Notes page and inserted a link on that page
how to get rid of the infamous script alert message for both Firefox
users and Internet Explorer users.

5) Replaced "Clearance Between Coils" with "Proximity Between COils".
This value accounts for any geometry, any inversion of coil inputs, any
position, any wire size. Yes the wire size is included so that the
nearest point of the two coils is "exact". This particular enhancement
took a lot of work to get right (over 4000 runs to test and verify the
geometric and positional possibilities). BTW, if the two coils butt into
one another, this is identified as a CRASH! The program will not run a
crashed configuration. This prevents issues with Geotc which can get
locked up. I've noticed this in the past on some configurations. This
geotc problem is now prevented.

6) A new output under the primary area: "Recommended Proximity Between
Coils". This output is positioned directly below the current proximity
number and is calc'd only if transformer data is inserted in the
transformer section. It will identify how far away the nearest point
between both coils should be.

7) Another new output under the primary area: "Recommended Coupling
Coefficient". This output is positioned directly under the current
coupling coefficient value.  It's is based on a range of max-min ideal k
modes 4/5, 5/6, 6,7, etc.. and within the confinement of empirically
known range of values. This number will vary with the secondary diameter.

8) Updated the Desired Coupling procedure to ensure it moves in the
correct direction now that we can inverted coil inputs. Works great for
all geometry's and even will identify a crash and stop should that occur
(for example, a cone primary and cone secondary or other odd
configurations).

9) Updated the Static Gap inputs to include a checkbox for flat or
sphere electrodes.