Viva la dump! $2 MOTs (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 17:14:33 -0700 (PDT)
From: Ian Macky <ian@xxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Viva la dump!  $2 MOTs

Noticed when I was at the dump last time that they had a microwave oven
farm.  Asked them about salvaging MOTs and they said $2/apiece.  OK!

Scored 16 today from the big old klunky units-- they had monster xformers.

     Viva la dump!

Tools you need: phillips & flat screwdrivers, small crescent wrench (or
small english & metric wrenches), and a pair of dykes.  Very simple to
get them out: take cover off, snip or pull wires, unscrew/unbolt xformer.

If you're going to pull wires (spades etc) then bring some needlenose
pliers too.  Almost always the MOTs were very easily accessible.  (One
unit had some security torx for the case, but I came prepared).

--ian