whats my coupling? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 20:56:07 -0400
From: Scott Bogard <teslas-intern@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: whats my coupling?

Hey guys.
     For those of you who are fluent with the various design programs, I
need to know where my optimum coupling is.  I have a 6-in PVC secondary, 31
inches wound, 22 AWG.  My top load (is this important?) is 2 toroids, the
bottom is 7*24, the top is 12*36, one sits atop the other, and the bottom
one is about 2.5-3 inches from the top winding.  My primary, is 1/4 in cu
tubing, inverse cone (about 20 degrees) with an 8 in hole in the center,
.75-in between turns (tapped at turn, um, I cannot remember, but I think it
is 7-8-ish).  My power supply is 4 MOTs, 8kV and estimated 225mA, tank
capacitance is 81nf (again, I'm not sure if you need this information).  My
secondary is stationary, but I can raise and lower my primary from .25-in
below the bottom winding, to about a foot, I am working on a way to adjust
my top load height.  Thanks.
Scott Bogard.
P.S. I use 120 or 240 sync, if this is important.

Tease your brain--play Clink! Win cool prizes!