Exploding Maxwell caps (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 22:46:23 -0500
From: resonance <resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Exploding Maxwell caps

I don't use them, but a few people on the list, in years past, have reported
problems with them.  As Scott pointed out, the voltage reversal will kill
them.  You need a Maxwell rated for 100% reversal.

We make our own now, conservatively rated at 80 kV DC with a Q factor
greater than 20,000.  60 nF and 100 nF sizes available.

Dr. Resonance

Resonance Research Corp.
www.resonanceresearch.com