Re: first post (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 09:16:18 -0700
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: first post (fwd)

At 08:38 AM 8/15/2007, Tesla list wrote:

> [...]

I think that the plan is to cascade the two transformers in series,
using the 600V tertiary winding, so the "high" transformer's core is
floated at 4500V.

These things have a fair amount of leakage inductance, so the output
current is limited.

I built a similar cascade, using 4 transformers: two cascades, with a
center ground, and it's in many respects like a giant NST.