Re: Tesla Coil Firehazards (Exploding paint cans) (fwd) (fwd) (reverse) (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 20:56:55 -0400
From: Scott Bogard <teslas-intern@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Tesla Coil Firehazards (Exploding paint cans) (fwd) (fwd)
    (reverse) (fwd)

>Perhaps  someone on the list knows if it is crimped
>tightly, glued, or what. (You know,  this is interesting; I just picked up
>Pepsi can, and I can't feel a seam. Does  anyone know? )

Dave,
     The most popular process for creating pressurized cans (soda, shaving
cream, paint) is by extrusion, a 1/4 inch thick or so circular slug is
stamped by a large machine, which pulls the material into a can shape.  The
top is crimped on by another machine (a separate piece of aluminum is used
for the top).  I have one of the flat slugs in my bedroom, weighing down
some papers.
Scott Bogard.

Tease your brain--play Clink! Win cool prizes!