Re: Capacitor Safety Discharge Method (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2007 15:48:15 -0400
From: Crispy <crispy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Capacitor Safety Discharge Method (fwd)

What I was thinking was to have both bleeder resistors across the
capacitor and a solenoid discharge method (without any series bleeders)
as well.  It would be meant purely as a safety device.  If this were
activated before charge was drained, it could (as has been discussed)
harm components of the circuit, but it would only be meant to discharge
the capacitors in the event that one of the bleeder resistors fell open.

Chris