RE: 3 Rounds of Lichtenberg Figures, Formulas, and Cauterised Beef for Dessert (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2007 03:15:05 +0000
From: Jeff Behary <jeff_behary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: 3 Rounds of Lichtenberg Figures, Formulas,
     and Cauterised Beef for Dessert (fwd)

Bert,

Glad you enjoyed them, I thought you would considering your fascinating work
in the subject.

In the early part of Volume I of Pedersen's booklet he mentions the little
known work of Lord
Armstrong.  I tried to get a complete volume of Armstrong's work "Electrical
Movement In Air And Water" from the 1890s, but unfortunately I was too late.
  There was a copy for sale for $1000.00, and I may have made a mistake in
mentioning it to the Bakken Library, as they have the only other copy I know
of.  They said the price was cheap (?!), and in the next few days I went to
purchase it only to find that it had already been sold, strangely enough. .
.

Afterward, I asked to buy xeroxes and they replied that they can only do
photographs of the book because of its fragile nature at something like $35
a page.  The book has over 500 pages and 32 plates, with a supplemental book
that contains another 14 plates.  Maybe one day I can make it out there and
see the book in person...

I do have a rare article by him of early studies of Lichtenberg figures:
http://www.electrotherapymuseum.com/2005/LordArmstrong/index.htm

Maybe one day we can track down Armstrong's book.  That would be quite
interesting, and if we can get a copy I will post on it on the site (like
all books there) free of charge.  If I remember correctly, Armstrong bought
the rights to use some of Poulsen's singing arc patents for something like
$500,000.  .  .

Jeff Behary, c/o
The Turn Of The Century Electrotherapy Museum
http://www.electrotherapymuseum.com

http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&ss=yp.bars~yp.pizza~yp.movie%20theater&cp=42.358996~-71.056691&style=r&lvl=13&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&scene=950607&encType=1&FORM=MGAC01