Re: indication of good tuning (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 22:31:58 -0500
From: BunnyKiller <bunnikillr@xxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: indication of good tuning (fwd)

Hey Matthew...

depends on what you are after... the visual effects  ( kewl looking
streamers or efficiency in power transmission to another secondary coil) ...

in general coilers are after the longest streamer propigation ( longest
lightening bolt effect)  which is basically not the truest energy
efficeint method of energy consumption of using a Tesla coil...   the
most effective use of the coil would produce no streamers or a minimal
amount of streamers...  but it would be boring unless you are trying to
transfer the energy to a secondary reciever....

kinda like fire works....  either you get the light show or the sound
waves from the explosion      most of us like the light show  :)

Scot D