Re: Spark gaps (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 22:21:57 -0500
From: BunnyKiller <bunnikillr@xxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Spark gaps (fwd)

Hey Matthew...

all depends on what power you plan to run thru your coil...  gaps as
small as 3/16" dia rod tungsten in a stationary air blown gap or up to
1/2" dia rods in a rotary disc can be used.
We need a bit more info as to what you are planning to use as your
primary souce of power  (a NST or a fully blown Pole Pig)  it does make
a difference...  its the amperage that's available on the output side
that counts...

for example ...my 30KV pole pig would melt 3/16" tungsten in a heartbeat
set up as a stationary air blown gap...  but the same power would do
deciently with 1/4" dia tungsten on an 8" rotary disc setup...

tell us more as to what you have and we can answer your questions a bit
more correctly....

Scot D