Re: indication of good tuning (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 12:04:36 -0500
From: resonance <resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: indication of good tuning (fwd)

I think you are referring to the fact that a coil reaches a very high
potential prior to breakout, and after breakout this potential begins to
drop depending on the "air load".

For nice sparks and good performance, tune for maximum smoke!  No,
seriously, tune for best spark length.  Don't overlook coeff. of coupling
adjustments by raising sec coil.  In many cases max spark length will be
achieved when sec base winding is elevated 3-5 inches above the horizontal
pri plane.

With our 18 inch dia sec coil, best performance at 6.5" elevation.  With our
24 inch dia. sec coil, best performance is hit at 8.5 inch elevation.
Experiment with your setup.

Dr. Resonance
Resonance Research Corp.
www.resonanceresearch.com