RE: TESLA'S WIRELESS TRANSMISSION SCHEME (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 11:20:56 -0500
From: David Thomson <dwt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: 'Tesla list' <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: TESLA'S WIRELESS TRANSMISSION SCHEME (fwd)

Hi Ed,

> 1. Tesla's patents specifically state that he planned to conduct
power
> via a two-conductor system, the excited upper layer (he wrote that
it
> would be as conductive as a copper wire)  and the ground return
> circuit.  He mentions this often over the years.  Question: How can
any
> experiments not involving conduction of  the ionized "upper layer"
[not
> the gas in an evacuated tube with which he started out] be
considered
> the "Tesla system"?  In other words, how could his experiments be
scaled
> down to something manageable?

Tesla mentioned many things over the years.  He invented many
different methods for producing polyphase power, why should he be
restrained in the methods for broadcasting it?  Don't forget his
several transformer patents.  Transformers are used for land line
transmissions, too.  In fact, the power station at Niagara Falls used
land line power transmission and it is still in use today.   So cut
some slack for Tesla when it comes to the several power transmission
methods he used and envisioned.

> 2. Where do Tesla's "longitudinal waves" fit into this system?  What
are
> their supposed properties and how could one distinguish them from
other
> means of propagation?  Dave once wrote that he'd explained this but
> can't find what he wrote and sure don't remember it.

After electrons are excited in the primary/secondary coil circuit
using transverse waves, the electrons in the third coil are excited
using longitudinal waves.  Longitudinal waves produce only an E field
in the third coil.  There is no H field (or very little magnetic
component as Tesla said).  Whereas you would use standard rules for
electrodynamics in developing the primary/secondary coil circuit, you
would use acoustic rules for electrons in the third coil.  As I
pointed out in an earlier message, the acoustic rules are not applied
to sound waves moving through the metal atoms, but are applied to the
medium of electron ions associated with the conductor.  The electron
ions are bound stronger in some materials than in others.

The acoustically excited ions in the third coil then produce an
electrostatic field that feeds amplitude into electrostatically
coupled ions in the surrounding environment (disturbed charge of
ground and air).  The extent of the environment becoming
electrostatically resonated with the third coil depends upon how long
the system is running and the elasticity of the ionic movements.

In Tesla's worldwide system, the Earth's electrostatic field resonates
by inputting enough power into the ground to reach the antipode on the
Earth's surface.  The resonance then becomes a closed system and it
resonates back upon itself, like sound in a concert hall or Helmholtz
resonator.

The problem with Tesla's worldwide system, as I see it, is that there
will be strong upward columns of standing wave ions at various
locations around the planet.  These columns of ions could reach close
to the ionosphere, or into positively charged clouds, and create all
kinds of environmental chaos.  Tesla wouldn't have known the damage he
was causing at the time and it may have been months before word got
back to him.  I'm not convinced Soljacic's idea would be any safer,
since it too will generate a potential gradient around it.  This could
induce currents in house wiring and objects of peculiar design.  Even
people in different parts of the room could be charged to different
potentials over time, causing nasty shocks when they suddenly move
toward each other and touch.

I'm sure there will be useful technologies for wireless power
transmission, but it will require some sorting out in the beginning.

Dave

David W. Thomson
Quantum AetherDynamics Institute