Re: TC voltage vs. Length (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 06:59:51 -0700
From: Barton B. Anderson <bartb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: TC voltage vs. Length (fwd)

Hi Stephen,

I don't know anything about your coil (not near enough the info), so
this is just a rough guess.

Anyway, I used a 4" diameter coil with 24 awg and h/d of 4:1. I threw
your topload size on. Static gap LTR was about .02uF so I used that. I
ran Javatc for it then went down to the Transformer section and threw in
the specs there. Then went down to the Static Gap section. For this
purpose, I used a simple 2 gap electrode at 1/2" diameter and adjusted
the gap spacing (narrowing the gap) until I read 40" spark length.

The peak volts for the terminal voltage read 318 kV, which is 225 kV(rms).

So that is my best guesstimate.

Take care,
Bart