LCR Meter

Original poster: Mike Giblin <mike_99_eng@xxxxxxxxx>

Does anyone have any recommendations for a decent LCR meter? I am considering Tenma Benchtop LCR Meter #72-1025 on sale from MCM for $305.
<http://www.mcmconnect.com/tenma/product/72-1025/>http://www.mcmconnect.com/tenma/product/72-1025/

The only other Tenma products that I have used are a DC power strip and temperature controlled soldering iron. I am pleased with both items, but test and measurement equipment is a whole different category. I am reticent about spending money on off-brands as I have been disappointed with their performance. (Extech is particularly poor for accuracy and repeatability). Does anyone have any experience with Tenma test instruments?

I am also considering the BK Precision model 879 LCR meter for $300.

<http://www.bkprecision.com/www/np_pdf.asp?m=879>http://www.bkprecision.com/www/np_pdf.asp?m=879

I have been quite satisfied with the BK equipment that I have used in the past.

What meters are other folks using?

Thanks,

Mike Giblin
<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Corona, California
USA

Check out <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48245/*http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html;_ylc=X3oDMTE1YW1jcXJ2BF9TAzk3MTA3MDc2BHNlYwNtYWlsdGFncwRzbGsDbmV3LWNhcnM->new cars at Yahoo! Autos.