From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: power supply options
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 22:46:27 -0600

Original poster: "Hydrogen18" <hydrogen18@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I'd have to agreed with Jon. I've got 'smallish' MOTs and have gotten them so hot I couldnt touch them, arced over core to the primaries from floating the core at above ground voltage, etc. and I'm still on the same original four. You can see what I've done with them here:

http://www.hydrogen18.com/projectlogs/hivolt/HV_pwr_center/

newest stuff is at the bottom of the page. Of course mine are theoretically 'premium scrap' as I bought them from a microwave oven recycler(was 12 or so at the time, couldnt go exploring to find junk). But I've pulled MOTs that looked IDENTICAL to these from units I've found 1/2 buried in mud and they worked just as well.

Eric