Tesla the man

Original poster: ashumate3@xxxxxxx

I was really pleased with Tesla research discussion during the time at Warencyffe.

I think everyone should remember that the lighting he created was a parlor trick use to show visitors. His real end game was the transmission of power with out the use of wires.

There are applications for the lighting generated such as testing of the hardness of electronic systems for the Department of Defense.

By studying Tesla the man and his inventions, the possibility of discovering the aim of his research could be deduced. As for his death ray, the present day laser fits his description of the ray.

As for missing documents, Tesla kept much of it in his head. An example of that is when he wrote up the original patent for multiphase power system. It was so encompassing that the patent office rejected it and he resubmitted it in smaller parts.

The goal for the coils that are being built should be trying the recreate what Tesla was doing in terms of power transmission. The parlor trick is cute though.

The most ironic thing of Teslaâ??s life was when he accepted The Edison Medal in 1917 ?

"In Colorado I succeeded one day in precipitating a dense fog. There was a mist outside, but when I turned on the current the cloud in the laboratory became so dense that when the hand was held only a few inches from the face it could not be seen. I am positive in my conviction that we can erect a plant of proper design in an arid region, work it according to certain observations and rules, and by its means draw from the ocean unlimited amounts of water for irrigation and power purposes. If I do not live to carry it out, somebody else will, but I feel sure that I am right."

I bet Tom Edison ate a lot of crow. His DC power distribution is gone except for a few isolated cases.

Al Shumate

Dublin, VA

See what's free at <http://www.aol.com?ncid=AOLAOF00020000000503>AOL.com.