Re: Oil Burner transformers

Original poster: "Dave Pierson" <davep@xxxxxxxx>

>I just got 3 10KV 23ma  oil burner transformers
>
>I was wondering if it was possible to connect them together to get a total of 30KV
    Outputs in series, being careful to get the phasing correct.
    But!
     There is a HUGE but!

    This leaves two transformers designed and insulated for 10,000V running
    at _30,000_ volts!

    Their life can get short and exciting.

    (That said, such insulationis routinely overdesigned, may work, but,
     subject to other comment: not recommended.)

    best
     dwp