From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: My 4 inch tesla coil - part 2
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 12:27:10 -0600

Original poster: "Hydrogen18" <hydrogen18@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I've made the suggested improvements to my primary coil, which you can see here:

<http://www.hydrogen18.com/projectlogs/hivolt/4inchtesla/>http://www.hydrogen18.com/projectlogs/hivolt/4inchtesla/

and the results here:

<http://www.hydrogen18.com/projectlogs/hivolt/4inchtesla/4_15_2007/>http://www.hydrogen18.com/projectlogs/hivolt/4inchtesla/4_15_2007/

Questions arising from such:

- I've got rather active arcing from the primary to the secondary now. How do I solve this. More layers of shellac on the secondary? Even if I eliminate the breakout point from the secondary that I unintentionally created, I think it's just going to arc from the first turn to the secondary.

- Is there any hope of repairing the secondary? Although it has tiny burnt spots on it, it doesnt seem dead yet..I'm getting pretty good performance. No shorted turns im guessing. Can I sand the carbonized areas off with high grade sand paper before re-shellacing?

- Before anyone mentions it, yes I'm still using the same terrible spark gap. I don't think that's much of a concern at the moment given my other problems.

Eric

http://www.msn.txt4content.com/