Re: micro magnifier

Original poster: Gerardo Lezcano <lez_gera@xxxxxxxxx>

Of course you can use it:

<http://www.uoguelph.ca/~antoon/circ/hv/ss-tesla/ss-tesla2.html>http://www.uoguelph.ca/~antoon/circ/hv/ss-tesla/ss-tesla2.html

This is a resonator driven from a ferrite transformer.

If you want to experiment with micro power magnifiers, look for US patent 4,023,027. This circuit is self resonant. Maybe you will not achieve sparks, but a floating fluorescent lamp will reveal resonance. Put your finger on top of coil, get a little RF burn.

Interesting, a SSTC driver is almost the same as a fluorescent lamp electronic ballast. I wonder if anyone has modified one of this cheap inverters to power a Tesla resonator.

Gerardo.

Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> escribió:
Original poster: "Scott Bogard"

Hey everybody.
Ok, I don't really know, exactly, how a magnifier coil works,
but I think it acts like a normal TC (with oober coupling) and drives
the "free resonator" at it's resonant frequency, kind of neglecting
the resonance of the primary and secondary, so they act mostly like a
standard transformer.
Here is my question, could one use a ferrite transformer to drive a
free resonator, like attaching a resonant driven flyback transformer
to a teeny tiny coil wound with very very fine wire, to get higher
voltage output? Is this idea feasible, or is my understanding of
magnifiers simply lacking? Or would this work, but simply have no
advantage, just increased impedance of the output? I'm just curious
is all, thanks.
Scott Bogard.

Get a FREE Web site, company branded e-mail and more from Microsoft
Office Live! http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/mcrssaub0050001411mrt/direct/01/

Correo Yahoo!