Re: 12KV 750Ma diodes

Original poster: "Steve Ward" <steve.ward@xxxxxxxxx>

Hi Matt,

What do you suppose is on the inside of the HV diodes?  Its just a
string of diodes potted in epoxy, so the power dissipation (compared
to a string of diodes) is very similar as the forward voltage drop
will be similar.  At least an exposed string of diodes will have the
possibility of dissipating more power (depending on design technique)
than a HV diode thats entirely encapsulated.

Steve

Original poster: Mddeming@xxxxxxx

In a message dated 4/9/07 2:57:58 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,