From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Fri 4/6/2007 7:12 PM
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Ballasting the secondary side of transformers

Original poster: Mike <megavolts61@xxxxxxxxx>

That would seem to make good sense to me Bart....especially with MOT farms
Mike

Can someone please tell me why we are still ballasting on the LV side
of Pigs and PT's? This should be easy enough to do for a fixed
current limit. The costs associated with a LV ballast almost demands
we do this. The LV side is starting to appear very silly to me at the
moment. Granted, there are HV concerns, but is it really a big deal?
I get the feeling LV ballasting is simply convenient. However, it is
also expensive (unless one builds a ferrite ballast).

Just curious is anyone else has contemplated a high side ballast.

Take care,
Bart

It's here! Your new message!
Get