Re: top load height

Original poster: "resonance" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Well, I'm 59 Joe --- wish I was still 50, so not far behind. Also a nam vet --- USMC.

If you plan on running 22.9 kV and not 14.4 kV your MMC caps may not work, or at least it will require a string rated for around 80 kV DC. I thought you were going to run at 14.4 kV not 22.9 kV DC.

Dr. Resonance

> Joe -
>
> This is a large coil - what will you be using for a HV power source?
> What is the input power rating, in KVA?

I have a regular sized 25KVA pig,,,, and a kind of odd 10KVA pig
with a voltage rateing of 22,900,,this thing is in a 50KVA case.
Its aluminum wound and 10 years old. This will be my pig of choice as
it will probably be easier to controll.(Powerstat 1296D)& 3 coil
ballast,,,
300,,942C20P15K-F caps for a MMC,,,,60 feet of 5/8 OD copper tubing for
sec.

Im not a math person,,,but have had a monitor repair buisness for 10
years
an also worked as an electrician.

I am pretty much working with Doctor R. as my mentor,,(he is 50 and I'm
60)
LAUGH ,,hee-haw,,,I'm actually learning algebra at 60 (and loveing it!)

I have to say ,,that this is one of the the greatest bunch of guys I
have
ever met. I bet there are quite a few more Viet Nam Vets here.
Regards to a well organized,polite,educated,thoughtfull,kind,informative
group.
I have privatly e-mailed several of the guys on this group,I've alwas
got a
prompt,well thought out reply,
again,,,
Respectfully