Re: Wireless Power Transmission

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz" <acmdq@xxxxxxxxxx>

Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: "Dave" <dgoodfellow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

At least that's when the electronics in my house seem to be distressed the most, and not when I am running a coil that is gushing out the sparks.

I was making a demonstration about lighting a fluorescent lamp at some
distance away from a small Tesla coil, and noticed something curious.
The spark gap was somewhat dirty, and the operation was quite irregular.
Sometimes the sound and appearance of the gap were becoming
clearly different from the normal, with the streamers stopping. The lamp
was clearly lighting more brightly than the normal at these instants.
I imagine that what was happening was not that the coil was radiating
more when not producing streamers, but simply that the static gap
was firing at lower voltage, and so more frequently, and the lamp was
lighting more frequently too.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz