Re: Fwd: tesla coil info and help required

Hi,

I will CC Lydia too...

Tesla coils are a significant electrical engineering challenge! But most of the engineering is well known now.

The frequency of 17Mhz is very unusual for such devices. Perhaps your doctor is trying to repair an existing machine or make a new one. The voltages are extreme so "oil" is the usual choice for insulation.

Here on the Tesla coil builder's list, we can probably answer such question with ease if we know enough about the application and requirements.

If this is a "medical" application. There are NO "approved" Tesla coil medical devices!! Diathermey and perhaps MRI may draw a few ideas from Tesla coils, but they are very different devices!!

We always worry greatly about the unfortunate past history of Tesla coils and medicine:

http://www.electrotherapymuseum.com/SiteMap.htm

Beware that such thing can be very leathal if not understood!!! Might want to read through this:

http://hot-streamer.com/TeslaCoils/Safety/safety.htm

So aside form all the "worry/scary" stuff, we really need to know much more about the application, design, and details of the Tesla coil you have there. Pictures answer so much!

The Tesla coil list has about 1500 Tesla coil members from beginer to far expert... You can subscribe to the list easily...

to the server computer at:

tesla-request-at-pupman-dot-com

That will put you on the Tesla list.

-----

To unsubscribe from the tesla list, E-mail the word:

unsubscribe

in the subject and text of an e-mail from the account you wish to unsubscribe
to server computer at:

tesla-request-at-pupman-dot-com

That will take you off the Tesla list.

So I encourage you to get in touch with the rest of us here and we can help you.

Cheers,

        Terry