Terry Filters - Basic Education

Original poster: otmaskin5@xxxxxxx After putting together a Terry filter & wiring it into my TC, I started wondering what this thing is supposed to do. I know, this might have been a better question to ask before I built it, but sometimes that's how I do things. Actually I pretty much know WHAT it's supposed to do, but I haven't been able to find good basic level info on HOW it does what it does - i.e., what each component does. I mean basic layman level sort of like Terry filters for dummies. I understand the safety gap part pretty well. But not the other components. For example I know how a capacitor works, but I'm not clear on how it protects the NST.

Any way, I'd appreciate any info on this that any of you would like to share. Thx, Dennis Hopkinton MA