Re: Re:High speed Tesla spark photographs - polarity indicator

Hi Peter,

Cool idea!!

I will "guess" two LEDs a resistor and a MOV. The strike current might be 2000A for a few nS which will kill most TVSs and such. It really helps to keep the device voltage low so the instant power is lower too. A capacitor might also work if one could guess the right value.

Cheers,

        Terry