Re: High speed Tesla spark photographs

Original poster: Slurp812 <slurp812@xxxxxxxxx>

Well I have taken a picture of a lightning strike. It took 53 shots to get one.

<http://www.flickr.com/photos/slurp812/54150264/>http://www.flickr.com/photos/slurp812/54150264/

It is sort of like finding a needle in a haystack, but we have lots
of needles to work with ;-)  As far as I know, until Peter figured
this method out, these super high speed arc events have never been
actually visible at all!!

So basically, the spinning mirror spreads the rare very fast event
out over the camera sensor's surface so we can see each single one.

I am getting too much stray light right now and the florescent light
in the room is flashing too so that is the next thing to work
on.  The mounting system I have now is not really optimal so I will
redesign it once I figure out what Peter's new improvement is ;-)) I
really need another larger mirror in there to improve all the
angles.  Then I will have to get a better camera...

Cheers,

         Terry