Re: Rectanguloids (was: Big Toroids, collective conscious brain storm)

Original poster: "resonance" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

The major dia and large surface area is what keeps the electrostatic field equalized so we want to keep this big and round --- no squares as this would serverely disrupt the field.

Dr. Resonance
To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, September 14, 2006 12:06 PM
Subject: Rectanguloids (was: Big Toroids, collective conscious brain storm)

Original poster: "J. Aaron Holmes" <jaholmes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Lots of talk about big toroids.  I'm wondering:  It
seems to me like the major factor determining breakout
voltage is the *minor* diameter of the toroid, and
that the *major* diameter has mostly to do with
increasing the capacitance.  Is that correct?  If so,
then why not simply create a rectangular topload using
90-degree sections of large pipe.  If plastic pipe
were to be used, then conductive paint could be
applied.

Regards,
Aaron, N7OE