RE: Big Toroids, collective conscious brain storm

Original poster: Yurtle Turtle <yurtle_t@xxxxxxxxx>

Years ago, I built a drier duct toroid, and covered it
with drywall mud. I got it real smooth, then painted
it with a metallic paint. I don't remmeber which kind
of paint I used, but it ended up looking more like a
crackle tube than a tesla coil. The arcs never really
left the toroid, but rather ate away the paint, much
the way a CD on a tesla coil does. It was really cool,
but may not be what you're after. Has anyone tried
using metallic paint on a topload?

Adam