Re: Egg of Columbus

I knew it was multiphase, didn't realize it used four phases though!
I assume it's possible to build one which uses only three.  I'd love
to build one, but I'd have to synthesize the multiphase power.  If it
can be done with only two phases and windings, it gets lots easier-
just add a capacitor, like a squirrel cage motor! "

Really two-phase. Conversion from two to four or four to two is a simple job with transformers (as is conversion to and from three-phase) but there's no advange for this kind of a toy.

Ed