Re: remote location of NSTs - away from coil base?

Original poster: Gomez Addams <gomezaddams@xxxxxxxxx>

On Sep 7, 2006, at 7:49 AM, Tesla list wrote:

At 04:27 PM 9/6/2006, you wrote:
Original poster: Gomez Addams <gomezaddams@xxxxxxxxx>

On Sep 6, 2006, at 11:37 AM, Tesla list wrote:

Hi Gomez,

The connection really isnt that critical since small amperage is
involved.

What about something like Anderson PowerPole connectors.  Fairly
rugged, easy to assemble, cheap, etc.

I've built homemade HV connectors using banana plugs and jacks with
plastic pipe.  A piece of 1/2" pipe about 6" long with the jack in
a pipe cap makes a nice recessed socket.  A piece of plastic rod
that fits snugly in the pipe with the banana plug sticking out of
the end makes the plug.  Some cleverness with the plumbing bins
should even allow you to create a double recessed plug/jack like
you see on modern DMMs.

You can also use PL-259 and SO-239 (UHF connectors) with the
dielectric drilled out and replaced in a similar scheme (which
gives you a "screwdown" attachment).  This scheme is VERY popular
with commercial HV power supplies.

This is EXACTLY the connection I had planned, until I started hearing
that coax was going to destroy my NST, cause birth defects, get me
arrested, and generally be un-American.  ;)

Now I'm considering just building the darned thing the way I always
have done.  Feh.

 - B(G)L