Re: FCC Regulations

Original poster: "resonance" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

My friend is an FCC Senior Engineer. He says this is a "grey area" that is usually not disturbed unless some idiot really makes his neighbor mad and calls them, then they have to investigate. And, yes, then you will get hit for "spurious emissions" and your coil will be shut down.

Bottom line --- inform your neighbors, throw a BBQ, invite their kids over, make them know it's an interesting hobby! Make them made by running your coil late at night or during an NFL game on TV and you're asking for trouble.

Technically, a TC is a radio transmitter but it's usually ignored by the FCC because it's used in schools, science museums, and universities for educational purposes.

Dr. Resonance

Are there any FCC regulations that apply to our hobby? I imagine that the larger coils produce a fiar amount of interference. Thoughts?

Curt.