Re: Static motor 20HP for 3 phase tesla Transformerpower sourcing?

Original poster: "Christoph Bohr" <cb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello folks.

> I am now using an AC drive to power my lathe and would not go back to
> either of the other methods again.
Thats what came to my mind some weeks ago too, when I had to install a
VFD at my new workplace, unfortunately the manual said nothing about TC's.
The Idea was: Can I use one of the cheap medium sized VFD units you sometimes
find on ebay to at least test drive a 3 Phase TC system.
I do not have 3 Phase power where I live, but it would be nice to have a system,
that can take advantage of polyphase.
The exact opposite sulution would be good too. Using a 3 phase 16A service to
convert to single phase at ca 45A..... Single phase service over 16A is very rare here, 16A 3P very common, 32A 3P ( to use only one leg ) not too common either )
Wouldn't there be a lightwight solution with modern semiconductor technologies?

regards
Christoph