From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, September 09, 2006 2:21 PM
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Static motor 20HP for 3 phase tesla Transformerpower sourcing?

Original poster: David Dean <deano@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Jim

Are you wanting to power a three phase transformer from a single phase
source?
Or a motor. 20HP is a pretty large motor.
I do have some experience with phase converters both capacitive (static) and
rotary. I am now using an AC drive to power my lathe and would not go back
either of the other methods again.

If it is a motor you want to operate I maybe can help. If it is a
transformer,
I think that may be uncharted territory.
More info would be helpfull.

later
deano