Re: Seibt: Visualizing Standing Waves on a Resonator by Corona

Original poster: "Kurt Schraner" <k.schraner@xxxxxxxxxx>

Hi all interested,

replying to my own posting: I got the copies, mentioned below . They can be downloaded:

http://twfpowerelectronics.com/~kurt/Seibt/seibt_ernecke.zip  (~1.9MB)

The text is in german language. It's a description of a set of apparatus, invented by Seibt and manufactured by Ernecke; kind of a trade folder with pricelist. The original literature is cited in it. It's

"G.Seibt's Rostocker Inaugural Dissertation 1902" also published in:
"Elektrotechnische Zeitschrift 1902, Heft 15-19"

Best regards

Kurt

Kurt Schraner wrote:
Hi Gary, Bart,

trying to find original information about the Seibt-coil by googling,
unfortunately I had no better luck than Bart. I only found out very
limited biographical info about

Dr.Georg Seibt (1874-1934)
http://www.radiomuseum.org/dsp_hersteller_detail.cfm?Company_Id=26

Think, I will try digging in some university libraries, in order to
find something.

At ETH Zurich (NEBIS catalogue) I found:

"Universal-Instrumentarium zur Demonstration der Resonanz elektrischer
Schwingungen, elektrischer Wellen in Spulen, der Tesla'schen Versuche
und der Abstimmung in der Marconi-Telegraphie nach Seibt-Ernecke /
[Ferdinand Ernecke]". Berlin:..., [19..], 10 pages; 11 illustrations.

...which probably contains the relevant thoughts of Seibt. If I can
get a copy of it, I'll let you know.

My own seibt-coil was triggered by an old hobby-book for boys:
"Experimente mit Hochfrequenz", series: Spiel und Arbeit, Bd.135,
(1948). Then I've seen (at Bern University) an old realization of the
Seibt experiment, which, I later found out, is exactly the Max-Kohl
AG apparatus, seen on Antonio's site:

http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/mk95939.jpg
http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/electrostatic.html  (search for Seibt)

...well, the above picture is not at scale!

BTW: a number of photos were taken from this apparatus (unfortunately
not in action), as well as some better pic's of my own coil in
action. Maybe I could send them to Terry for publication on
hotmail.com., 'cause myself, i've exhausted my small webspace, and am
no more able to display my newer toys & experiments?

Best regards

Kurt

Tesla list wrote:
Original poster: "Gary Peterson" <g.peterson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

In regards to the thread "Re: Seibt: Visualizing Standing Waves on a
Resonator by Corona" from May-June 2005, where can I find info on
Seibt's original demonstration?  We would like to attempt reproducing
the effect at the TMSC 2006 conference.

Gary