Re: fiberglass plastic toroid

Original poster: dest <dest@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hallo Kurt,

> Original poster: "Kurt Schraner" <k.schraner@xxxxxxxxxx>
> Hi Dest,
> applause to your robust and good looking toriod! - The "fishform"
> sheets are not quite alien looking to me ;-).

so, here are two of us already, "alien" hats owners - a small one
with a very big one, and a little bigger one with very medium one : )

> Please see the make of my custom made toroid for old B&W at:
> http://home.datacomm.ch/k.schraner/galanis.htm
> especially:
> http://home.datacomm.ch/k.schraner/gal05.jpg
> The toroid is smooth enough, to allow the sparks "dancing" on the
> surface.

yep, i saw this page a couple years ago, but completely forgot about
it by the end of 2005 % ) but i always was thinkin that sparks (not
the streamers! : P) would prefer those "ribs" - glad i was wrong. btw
- 245$ for such size - surely much cheaper than my method, not to
mention the time and efforts it would take to mess with such mass of
a vinyl ethereal resin % )

http://home.datacomm.ch/k.schraner/toro80cm_1.jpg

not bad, are they able to do it from 40-60 pieces for the same money?
: D

-----
Let the bass kick! =:-D