Re: Pearson's Magazine, May 1899

Original poster: "Gary Peterson" <g.peterson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

When I first saw the drawing tesla_2.gif some time ago, it occurred to me the illustrator, Warwick Goble, must have had a wildly vivid imagination. See http://www.artpassions.net/goble/ for more fantasy examples.

Original poster: MAJESTIC_au <forums@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Original poster: William Beaty <billb@xxxxxxxxxx>

Wow.  Below are some 1899 article illustrations, some of which depict the
ion-path "virtual antennas" created by Tesla's x-ray beam devices:
  Nikola Tesla holding in his hands balls of flame
  http://homepage.ntlworld.com/forgottenfutures/tesla/tesla_2.gif
  Tesla's propsed arrangement of balloon stations for transmitting
  electricity without wires
  http://homepage.ntlworld.com/forgottenfutures/tesla/tesla_1.gif
  All illustrations
  http://homepage.ntlworld.com/forgottenfutures/tesla/tesla_nx.htm
  Article: The New Wizard of the West, May 1899 C. McGovern
  http://homepage.ntlworld.com/forgottenfutures/tesla/tesla.htm
I wonder if the drawing of the "balls of flame" was done live from an
actual demo, or from a verbal description given to the artist?  The
equipment in the backgrounds of these illustrations looks like it was
drawn from life.  Most probably these are carbon-button lamps run via
e-field coupling, and not "BL."

Great article & pics! Thanks for posting.