Re: Questions??

Original poster: "resonance" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

If you are coming to our Teslathon bring it along and we will all help you get it running properly. I have a whole lab full of signal generators, storage scopes, caps, and all the goodies we need to tweak it to max. performance.

Midwest Cheesehead Teslathon, aka, Lightning on the Lawn, Sat., Sept. 9th, Wis. Dells, Wisconsin.

Not sure what "sheet" you are referring to. I would need all the specs on the entire system including sec coil, toroid, total cap bank capacitance, number pri turns, etc., in order to check it out online for you.

Dr. Resonance

I have a Problem for anyone who is willing to help me.

I have been trying get a coil to work decently for some time now and have had little success. I admit that I know basically nothing in terms of the math and formulas and all the stuff that you already know.

I am following instructions to make a coil that runs off a 6000v 30ma transformer. I have 6000v 0.015mdf capacitors that the paper says should work. But in the end of all my hard work and little understanding i get a spark(not to be confused with an arc or anything else that might look cool) out of the top terminal. diffidently not what is supposed to happen. (according to the sheet that is) What am I doing wrong? transformer issues? capacitor issues? coil issues? what? Any help or ideas is greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

My e-mail is <mailto:jhowson4@xxxxxxxxxxx>jhowson4@xxxxxxxxxxx