Re: Hello and a question on SSTC principles

Original poster: "Michael H Nolley" <nolleym@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

>     What ever happened to your arc experiments?  Did you ever
> consider powering a small TC from your arc oscillator?
>
> Ed

The Poulsen Arc experiments were discontinued about 6 years ago because I
wasn't able to modulate high currents.  I did get it to work, but it was a
poor, bulky, flammable substitute for what I had already.  I went the
vacuum tube route and have had good results.  Anyone on the list have an
answer to my question about plate modulating the ZVS driver?  In the past,
audio modulated SSTC's have used PWM circuits, I'm just wondering why that
is, and if modulating the rail current would be destructive.

Sincerely,
Mike Nolley