Re: dual MOT Tesla coil design is complete (fwd)

Original poster: Davetracer@xxxxxxx In a message dated 10/31/2006 12:17:47 PM Mountain Standard Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
Original poster: Mddeming@xxxxxxx

Hi Gerry,

     When asked if the pending nuclear attack was real or simulated,
the computer in the movie "War Games" replied, "What's the difference?"

Tesla himself was the greatest proponent of the world view: "I have
conceived it, it works on paper to my satisfaction, therefore it IS real."

TEMPVS VOCAT,
Matt D.

But he was *Tesla*, Matt.

Tesla's definition of "concieve" is a bit different than yours or mine.

Heck, the next time *my* vision is interrupted by visions of alternating current motors so accurate that I can draw them and have a reasonably good chance they'll work, then I'll be happy to say, "I have conceived it, it works on paper to my satisfaction, therefore it IS real." (And remember that Tesla found these visions to be an "annoyance".)

In the meantime, it's a lot more likely that *I* will continue to be surrounded by those happy sounds of glass capacitors punching through at high voltage, ozone, sparks rrrripping from the secondary over to the primary because something is out of tune (again), and my inevitable discovery that a couple of salad bowls taped together makes a perfect top load, against all the math ...

    Ah well. I'll never get an "A" in Tesla Coils, but I'll still enjoy it.

    Take care,

        Dave Small