RE: Solid State Egg of Columbus Driver - Circuit Review Requested (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 14:55:17 -0700
From: Cameron B. Prince <cplists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: 'Tesla list' <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Solid State Egg of Columbus Driver - Circuit Review Requested (fwd)

Hi Antonio,

> There is something wrong in this circuit. Where is the rectifier for
> the low-voltage power supply? The PMOS transistors will be permanently
> conducting, if not destroyed by excessive voltage between source and
> gate.

Yes, you are correct... There should be another bridge rectifier between the
transformer and the regulator. Also notice the positive and negative
connections on the bridge that is there are reversed.

I'm working on a new circuit now and I'll post it along with these fixes
soon.

I appreciate you looking at it.

Thanks,
Cameron