Re: Brass bolt for top cap on secondary to secure toroid (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 22:39:41 -0600
From: Gerry  Reynolds <gerryreynolds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Brass bolt for top cap on secondary to secure toroid (fwd)

Hi John,

Certainly, as Bart suggests, it is best to keep any winding out of the
secondary's inner core.  However, it is possible to do this sucessfully with
no fear of internal arcs.  One needs to route the wire and have the bolt in
regions of the internal guts where the field stress will accomodate.  I have
done this sucessfully by routing a wire into the inner portions of the coil
and keep the wire route above the top most turn of the secondary.  In
addition, I have an acrylic baffle glued to the acrylic form about 6 inches
below the top of the form (about 4 inches below the top of the windings).
The wire terminates on a brass bolt attached to an end cap made of acylic.
The coil is 8x36 and powered with 2KW that has obtained 86 inch arcs to
ground.

Gerry R.